Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Private Audience

Good afternoon my friends :)

I've struggled over the summer for many reasons. It doesn't really matter why, but I hate that I have not taken the time to encourage you on a regular basis. Because of my circumstances, I think I have felt so incapable that I have let my feelings control my actions. I wonder how a simple mind like mine with a life that is so seemingly out of control right now, could have anything to offer to you. I have been reminded though that they are not my words, but God's. I pray that the words I write to pour into you are not just words to you, but words that are received that bring you life.

Because of the past few months, the circumstance of life, and the heavy burdens beared, I have had to remind myself over and over again that God does hear my prayers. With the overwhelming pressures of the day to day demands, I have had to remind myself (and I still am) that God hears every cry I cry. Every single sigh - He hears. Every whisper - He listens for. Every tear - He sees fall. Every heart broken moment - He feels. Did you read that? Every time your heart breaks He feels that brokenness with you. He doesn't just know your heartache, He is touched by your pain. He's God. He's touched by the feelings of our infirmities (a condition producing weakness). He paid the ultimate price, and bore the ultimate pain. He cares.

Psalm 18:6-7 states (Message Bible):

A hostile world! I call to God,
I cry to God to help me.
From His palace He hears my call;
my cry brings me right into His presence-
A private audience!

A private audience! Just you and God. No one else. He hears. He listens. He's 100% attentive to every cry cried to Him. How reassuring that is to me. How reassuring that must be to you. Thank you Jesus.

Be blessed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment