Thursday, September 3, 2009

God of the Impossible

My dear friends,

Why is it that we think repentance is a bad thing? I guess it's because we realize the wrong we've done and that's why we hate it so much. It isn't the repenting, it's the knowledge that we've come to that has caused our repentance. I hate that I've had to repent several times over the same issues. You would think that after the 10th (or 100th) time I'd get it. Forever learning and never coming the the knowledge of the truth. That's what God's Word calls it. I want the truth. Don't you? I want to learn and go forward. I hate living in the past, in yesterday. I don't want to find myself having the same thoughts today that I found myself having 2 years ago. Not thoughts that are not of God. I want God thoughts. As far as repentance goes, I've had to repent once again for my analytical thinking. I can't figure God out. Why after 13 years am I still trying? I say I don't want to put Him in a box, but honestly, if I can define Him, I can put Him in a box. God isn't boxable (new word).

I've wanted over several years of my walk to have a recipe for the things of God. Let's say our recipe for healing calls for: 3 days of fasting, 6 hours of prayer, 2 good deeds and an extra $10 in the offering for that week. Sounds like something I can do. But God doesn't want to give us a recipe. He wants us to believe Him. We want to mix the ingredients and once completed have our prayer answered. God wants our faith. He wants us to believe Him. Listen, not just to believe IN Him, but to believe Him. He says He will give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4) The only prerequisite for this is to delight ourselves in Him. He doesn't give us 5 steps to receive, He just wants us to believe.

Ok, like believing is an easy thing to do. Let's get real for a second, I think I'd rather have 5 steps, wouldn't you? Faith is hard. It's easy to believe the water is going to come out of the faucet when it's turned on. I paid the bill, I know the water is there. It isn't as easy to believe that God's Word is true for me when I don't see it coming to pass. I'm still in debt, I still have migraine headaches, my mother is still stricken with fibromyalgia as well as a slew of other issues, Seth still lacks common sense and he has health issues as well (I've prayed for 11 years for the same issue with this child). When my dad died, I wanted to tell him to get up. I was afraid my mom would flip out and I was afraid he wouldn't. Fear is bad for our faith!

Anyway, what does boxing in God and 5 steps to answered prayer have in common? I'm not really sure, but I think it boils down to faith. God began dealing with me yesterday (once again) about my faith. I can't go or grow in Him without it and neither can you. It isn't easy to believe for the impossible, but God is the God of the impossible. Nothing is impossible for Him. Nothing. Nothing. Have you read your Word today? Have you read of the Israelites being delivered out of Egypt? Or of the acts of the Apostles? Maybe, if you're lacking in faith, you should. I think I will.

Be blessed. Have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment