Monday, September 14, 2009

Prayer That Moves

I read something lately by T.D. Jakes that has caused me a great deal of time in thought. He said something similar to this, "If your prayer doesn't move you, then it probably won't move God." I think about the prayers I pray and how "heartless" they must seem to God at times. Though I know He hears every prayer, and I pray what is on my heart, I often pray very repetitive, redundant prayers. What about passionate prayers? Have I become so "familiar" with prayer and with God that I have become matter of fact in my relationship with Him? How sad. And it's completely to my detriment!

I want raw passionate prayer. Prayer that moves me. Prayer that moves God. Prayer that shakes the foundations of the earth. Prayer that causes the heavens to take notice. Prayer that expects answers. Prayer. Raw and passionate. Raw and passionate.

Lord, I want to pray my heart to you with passion. May I passionately seek You.

No comments:

Post a Comment