Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Awake and Alive

Don't you love a great song? One of those that encourage and pump you up like Eye of the Tiger did for Rocky? I have one of those songs. It speaks my heart and sets fire to my spirit. The song is called Awake and Alive by Skillet. I relate to the second verse the most. The words are as follows:

I'm at war with the world cause I
Ain't never gonna sell my soul.
I've already made up my mind
No matter what I can't be bought or sold.

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again.

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now, it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life
Here, right now
Stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake and I'm alive

That's my heart ~ I will never sell my soul and I can't be bought or sold. I'm sold out and in love with my Lord and Savior. I am so excited about Him, His Word, and forever committing my life to Him. And I love when He breathes into me. Don't you? It's the most incredible experience EVER. He's such a mighty and powerful God.

I pray for you that He breathes into you as well. I pray you find the strength in Him to stand your ground and never back down. Never back down to this world and what society says is true and right. Never back down from God's ways and thoughts. Never back down. Stand on God's truth. He's the only One who can make you and keep you awake and alive !

No comments:

Post a Comment